Call for healthcare organisations to fight COVID19 – needs collection is now!
Deadline of challenges collection is this Friday, April the 4th. Deadline extended! April the 8th.
The online ePitch event to be held April the 30th (tbc).
The European Commission is organizing an ePitching event to connect healthcare organisations with EIC companies* providing medical supply and innovative technologies.
Procurers have a leading role in terms of defining the needs and challenges/problems facing COVID19 (new deadline: April the 8th). The EC will collect these needs and look for companies able to propose solutions.
The topics to frame the challenges detection are:
- Medical devices, supply chain and logistics management
- Biotechnology / Health – Drugs, antimicrobials: suppliers explore new antimicrobials and drugs to tackle new virus.
- Tools for Prediction & stopping the spread of COVID19 diseases
Are you a healthcare procurer? Have your say now! We encourage you to participate in this initiative by filling this form before April the 8th. Send it by email to our colleague Myriam Martín: myriam.martin[@]ticbiomed.net.
Help us to help you by telling what you need!
*Note: EIC companies are companies interacting around the EIC. For the moment the Community is open for EIC pilot-funded small companies under Fast Track to Innovation, Pathfinder, EIC Accelerator, and investors.
** The EC will launch a call for their EIC companies on April the 9th via the EIC community.
EIC ePitching to procurers on COVID19: co-creating innovative solutions to support European public & private procurers on COVID19
In response to the current sanitary crisis, the European Innovation Council Business Acceleration Services and ICLEI will organize an online market engagement event – ePitching to connect public and private procurers from the health sector with EIC companies providing medical supply (e.g. personal protective garments, medication, test kits, respiratory machinery…) and innovative technologies (e.g. tele-medicine, remote solutions, artificial intelligence for data analysis and prediction…).
- A first ePitching and co-construction/co-design event is planned for the last weeks of April 2020 in order to connect public and private procurers from the health sector with EIC-backed SMEs.
- To gather at least 10 European procurers and 20 to 40 EIC companies.
- Collection of procurers needs and/or challenges/problems facing COVID19
- Listing EIC-backed companies able to propose solutions facing these needs and/or challenges/problems with regards to COVID19
- At least 10 European public & private procurers available to attend the e-pitching