“Thanks to Ticbiomed, we have had access to high level companies when we were looking for tech partners. On our own we could not have done it. Ticbiomed’s experience on digital health sector and its extensive European network really makes a difference.”
We identify unmet needs and turn them into opportunities.
We boost digital health with a demand-driven approach. Our background at your service to find business opportunities, interacting with patients or clients.
We also look for your perfect partner to develop successful digital health solutions.
We help you to detect the latent demand. We identify those unmet needs with a high potential of becoming a profitable business.
– The Region of Murcia Healthcare provider (Servicio Murciano de Salud), with Ticbiomed’s support, identified 68 unmet needs hand in hand with their healthcare professionals. Through the inDemand project, 8 of those needs will be solved in a co-creation process between healthcare professionals and European tech companies. (Two calls, in 2018 and 2019)
– We are experts in sistematically identification of unmet needs. Check our methodology – tested on the European digital health field through the GET project.
– We have worked with the pharmaceutical company GSK in the needs’ detection of patients with cancer and healthcare professionals.
We build a bridge to link all the ecosystem actors, helping you to identify your fellow travel mate.
– If you need to innovate in healthcare, we search for you those partners that best suit for your challenges. Our extensive network at your disposal.
– If you’re a healthcare organization preparing a Pre-Commercial Procurement in innovation (FID, PCP o PPI), we tap our network and help you spreading the word. We also ease the creation of consortiums. (Know more about the ProEmpower project, in which we were in charge of the market consultation).
– If you have a digital health solution, you’re more than welcome to become part of our network. We’ll keep you up-to-date with all the opportunities coming from the demand side. (Subscribe now to our mailing list)
MSD Innovation Factory
The pharma company MSD (Merck in the USA) is incorporating open innovation into its business competitiveness strategy. They asked Ticbiomed for advice. Together, we created 'MSD Inovation Factory’, a competition to find innovative solutions that could solve out the company challenges. The most suitable proposals had the opportunity to pitch in front of a MSD committee. Winners started a co-creation process with MSD. Ticbiomed has walked side by side with the MSD innovation team through all the phases. We’ve been supporting the detection of the strategic unmet needs, the recruitment of the best companies world-wide and the organization of the big final event to select the best partners. Both 2016 and 2017 editions have been successful.
1) The insurer company AXA partnered the eHealth Hub project, coordinated by Ticbiomed. They were seeking two digital solutions in the market, one to help its clients to quit smoking and another to improve their nutritional care. Listen to their story by Begoña San José from AXA.
2) Hospital Bernal (Spain) was interested in identifying tech providers for chronic patients tele-monitorization. Ticbiomed organized the recruitment, selection and final pitch of the 12 companies which fit the best to their needs. This service was offered for free by the European project eHealth Hub.
There are many successful pilots in digital health that don’t survive the ‘valley of death’. We believe successful pilots that do not scale are a waste. A waste of time, resources and opportunities.
What can we do to improve this situation? How to boost their adoption?
We help successful pilots to scale-up and be adopted within healthcare organizations
If you’re interested in the conversation, we encourage you to read these two pieces of writing by our CEO Jorge González.
Some interesting insights after the workshop ‘Moving Digital Health Beyond Pilots – Leading Change Toward Future-Proof Health Systems’ held at the HIMSS Europe & Health 2.0 Conference 2018 in Sitges.‘How to switch from the ‘death by pilot’ drama to a ‘beyond pilots’ happy ending